Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Mars and Venus at the Grocery Store

One of my favorite parts of being in a relationship is how K teaches me about myself and how I learn to be a better me.  I love the compromise and the teamwork that goes into our life as a couple. I love that we support and help eachother, and come out stronger as a pair! 
As a woman, I'd say that sometimes I try to 'do it all' and struggle to relinquish control.
It's hard to ask for favors!
There have been several times over the past 3 years where I have asked K, or he has volunteered, to do the grocery shopping for me when I'm crunched for time.
It's a wonderful gesture that I appreciate with all my heart! 
But it's lead me to conclusions regarding men and the grocery store.
I treasure the fact that K is willing to help me, and so I resist growing frustrated if said help is not exactly what I wanted.  But y'all, Mars and Venus!
--
An example:
 I'm making Velveeta sausage dip for a tailgate, and I'm running late trying to get ready at the same time.  K volunteers to pick up what I need at the store.  I explain what I need, and he comes back with a bag of shredded cheddar and some kielbasa.  Um, thanks babe?
But I have found the solution!
It's all in the list.
I have mastered the art of detailed listing.
Exhibit A:
This is a typical weekly shopping list for me.
Exhibit B:
A list I'd send with K: 
It's all about the details!
You know guys will just grab the first thing they see,
so specifics are key.
--
I want to hear your Mars and Venus moments!
And how you conquer the universe between.
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me love, Show me Life