Thursday, March 13, 2014

Wedding Details: Building my Trousseau

Preparing for my wedding has been a dream come true.  I have channeled all of my energy into the entire process, looking at the planning as part of the experience and not just the build up.  
This is the most wonderful time in mine and K's lives,
and we are savoring every second!
I would consider myself a traditionalist, an 'old soul' for certain.  I've always known I would be a classic bride, embracing practices of the past.
It's been an interesting endeavor, translating old customs to the modern world.
--
Nowadays, a trousseau is not so similar to dowry as it once was. 
In our time, a hope chest is replaced by a pinterest board!
My current interpretation of trousseau refers to the clothing and items collected by a bride in preparation for her wedding.  I've always enjoyed shopping for special occasions, and I can't think of anything more special than Wedding parties or our Honeymoon.  Building my trousseau has been yet another way I've been enjoying this entire process, not as a means to an end.
*Dresses above by Lilly Pulitzer and The Impeccable Pig (on King Street).  

**Remember you can search for all of Wedding posts with the label My Charleston Wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me love, Show me Life