Monday, November 21, 2011

Giving Thanks

This weekend was a total blast!  Yesterday we took Alfie down to Folly to run off the leash, dropped in to Zia for a frozen screwdriver, took a long drive out to Kiawah, and then cooked steak and potatoes for dinner!
Saturday morning we were early birds, heading up to Columbia at 8:00 AM to tailgate both before and after the game vs. Citadel.  The Bulldogs put up a great fight, but ultimately the Gamecocks kicked butt!

Saturday was completely devoted to family, both K's and mine, and I'm so thankful to have such a strong support system.

I'm also thankful to be able to spend time giving back to my community.
This week I'm a volunteering fool!
You can come see me in the tents in Marion Square Tuesday night from 5-8pm.  I'm going to be organizing and handing out race packets for the Turkey Day 5K, which I will also be running Thursday morning!

Wednesday I'll be serving a Thanksgiving feast to all of the lower east side residents who show up to the Neighborhood House.  All are welcome to come help!  We will also help by handing out bags for those in the food assistance program.

I'm not one to only give back during the holiday season, it's a year round obligation in my mind, however now is the time that I am filled with such joy to do so!  I love the feeling that I can help others to feel the splendor of this time of year even more!

How was your weekend?
Do you get involved with any charities around the holidays?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me love, Show me Life