Friday, July 25, 2014

Wedding Details: The Guestbook

I know I just shared the checklist, but I wanted to update y'all on one thing I've already crossed off since Tuesday!
When we visited Beaufort a couple months ago, there was one thing I immediately regretted not purchasing, and that was this book:
The more I thought about it, the more I realized that I had yet to see a book that would so perfectly fit the bill for our guestbook. 
From Amazon:
"In the sticky heat of a South Carolina Lowcountry summer, horizons are swallowed by humidity. The curves of creeks and heavy skies blend and fade in ethereal ascension. Distances distort and textures soften in air too thick to breathe.
Photography can conjure up the essense of a place, the shifting layers of light, the fleeting presence of its past, and transfer its grace.
Wade into the work of Gary Geboy and the words of Teresa Bruce through the pages of Transfer of Grace.
Save a place for the Lowcountry in your soul."

I looked online and was dismayed to find copies available on Amazon for over $100. 
I called the publisher (Joggling Board Press) only to find out that the book is on back order until 2016.
Not wanting to make the drive to Beaufort for this purpose alone, I asked if they knew of any Charleston retailers that may have it in stock.  She said my only hope was Royal Ace Hardware in Mount Pleasant.
They had one copy left, and to sum it all up, we got it (along with a signed print) for $30!  
Here are a couple of my favorite shots...

Each of the photos leave plenty of white room on the page for guests to sign!
And I can't think of a prettier coffee table book to cherish forever.
Done and Done!

TGIF, have a great weekend.
I am hoping to cross a couple things of my Summer Bucket List this weekend, 
stay tuned.
I am taking care of business y'all, toot toot!

1 comment:

Show me love, Show me Life