Thursday, July 17, 2014

Simple Salisbury Steak

How have I gone this far in life thinking that it's "saulsbury steak" and not "salisbury"?

My mind is blown.

Anyway, last night I whipped up these simple steaks for dinner and they hit the spot.
I think we have been on chicken overload lately so this was a good change of pace.

What you need:
veg oil
1 lb ground beef
onion soup mix
1 egg
worcestershire sauce
garlic, misc seasonings
1 can cream of mushroom soup
milk

What you do:
Combine ground beef with 1/2 packet onion soup mix, egg, and a dash or two or worcestershire.
Form four patties, oval shaped.
Coat your frying pan with vegetable oil.
Brown the patties on both sides, remove from pan and set aside on a napkin-lined plate to drain excess grease.

Drain oil from pan and add cream of mushroom soup, some milk, and whatever seasonings you'd like.
(I added garlic and herbs de provence to mine.)
Bring your 'gravy' to a boil, return the steaks to the pan, reduce heat and cover.
Simmer for 15 minutes or until steaks are fully cooked.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me love, Show me Life