Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Memorial Day Weekend!

Tuesday already?
Three day weekends are so nice when they make for a following 4 day week!
How was everyone's Memorial Day?  We had a wonderful time, as seen below!
Friday night we decided to check out a new brewery on James Island called Tradesman Brewing. 
 We tried four different beers and they were all great! 
 Saturday my mom and I did a little shopping and I scooped up this new bag, with which I'm in love.  I also bought a new bathing suit which I'll show you in a bit.
 I was so excited to wake up on Sunday because we had planned a little Beaufort Getaway to celebrate the long weekend, and to also recognize our "6 months until the Big Day" countdown.
 We stayed at the City Loft Hotel, which is one block from Bay Street.  It's an old 60's motel that has been completely, tastefully renovated and it was so much more than we ever expected!  Randy, the hotels manager, arranged for champagne and chocolate covered strawberries in our room upon arrival.  Randy, you rock!
 The hotel also grants you access to the Sanctuary at Cat Island, which we took advantage of by way of the pool.  (i gotsa frozen margarita in that styrofoam cup ;)
 Here is my new suit, isn't she cute?
 Bay Street Strollin'
 We dined at Saltus River Grille, which was nice, but sadly didn't blow our doors off.
 But we still really enjoyed the ambiance. 
 I woke up early on Monday and took a solo stroll down to the Riverfront to enjoy my coffee. 
Later, we were surprised by a Memorial Day Parade that we watched from the hotel balcony, I loved watching the veterans and active marines march down Carteret.
 And I picked up a couple souvenirs from the Rhett Gallery, and then it was time to head home.
Beaufort is the perfect little getaway from Charleston.  It's the easiest drive and provides a nice change of pace, especially since we are in high tourist season right now!  How did you celebrate Memorial Day?
I hope it was nice and relaxing, like ours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me love, Show me Life