Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Disney Part 1

 It's time to recap our magical trip to DISNEY WORLD!  I am going to try and fit everything into 2 posts, but there may have to be a Part 3.  Away we go...

We hit the road around 8:00 a.m, made a quick stop for lunch in Jacksonville, and then arrived shortly after 3:00.  It was an easy drive and breaking it into two 3 hour stretches really helped it go quickly.  We stayed at the Contemporary Resort's Bay Lake Tower which was fantastic.  We had a view of Cinderella's Castle, light shows over the lake, and were connected to the monorail.  We were also able to walk to the Magic Kingdom which was SO nice.  

Checking In:

After checking in we grabbed the bus to Disney Springs.  We had dinner at T-Rex and then walked around for bit before calling it an early night.

--
We were up early to head out to the Magic Kingdom.  Immediately upon walking in we were greeted by all of the characters dancing on the balcony on Main Street.  So fun!  I borrowed my friend's City mini double and I'm so happy I did.  Our tandem double (City Select) is harder to fold and you need something that's a snap.  
Rides!  My favorite was The Little Mermaid.



We broke for lunch at "Be Our Guest"... I don't think I can recommend this one too highly for a few reasons.  The only character we saw was The Beast, and even just a glimpse of him.  The meal was very heavy...three courses which was not ideal for a day walking in the Florida sun.  Also, it took a long time.  I can imagine eating dinner here would be the way to go.   But EB really enjoyed being in the castle so it was a success either way.
Princess Parade!  I was so impressed with Disney's efforts with COVID restrictions.  Seeing as how this was our girls' first trip, I don't feel like they missed out on anything.  Though the mask struggle was real. 
--
After getting the kids to bed, K and I were able to sneak out for a date night at the Enchanted Rose at The Grand Floridian, which was a short ride on the monorail.  This was such a highlight of the trip for me and I highly recommend a visit to this hotel.  Gorgeous!

--
Next up, Hollywood Studios!
Stay Tuned
xLaura





No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me love, Show me Life