Friday, March 29, 2019

Riverbanks Zoo

This week was EB's First Trip to the Zoo!
We had a fun time seeing lots of new animals with our friends.
First thing to note is that the zoo charges full admission for anyone 2 and older...we might have rounded down the girls' ages in order to avoid this fee, and I might recommend anyone with a very young toddler to do the same.  I haven't been to the zoo in years, and was pleasantly surprised by how well kept and clean everything was.  I'm not a huge fan of seeing animals cooped up, but I thought most of the sanctuaries seemed very spacious and comfortable.  The grizzly bear area was a little depressing, but overall I thought that it was nice.  It wasn't very crowded either (on a Wednesday around 11) which was awesome.  The food was nothing to write home about, but the prices weren't terrible either.  I had a cheeseburger combo for under $10 which, for a tourist destination, was pretty good!  Overall it was a fun day trip from Charleston and we couldn't have asked for better weather. Here are a few snaps.

First up were the Sea Lions:
Gorilla:
Giraffes: I suddenly have more sympathy for the mom whose toddler jumped into the gorilla sanctuary a few years ago. 
Flamingos: 
 We finished up with the farm animals:
Our girl squad:
Which is your favorite zoo?  We tried to do Greenville a while back but got rained out...
Have a great weekend!
xLaura

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me love, Show me Life