Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Pregnancy Journal: 24 Weeks and Counting

Happy Tuesday!  I'm popping in to share a pregnancy update at 24 weeks! My due date was adjusted from 7/3 to 6/29 at a recent appointment due to some new measurements.  I anticipate she'll be born some time in that last week of June. 

Symptoms:

Nausea
  For the most part, the nausea has passed but, I'll be honest, there are some days when I still just feel...sick. 

Sleep 
 It's hard to get comfortable.  I'm up to pee several times a night.  And my brain has a hard time turning off.  Otherwise, it's great!  ;)  EB has also been waking up around 10ish this past couple of weeks. She settles quickly after a little comforting but still...  I think she may be cutting her molars because she has been unusually irritable as well.  Who knows!? But overall sleep is not going great in the Nielson House.  Better get used to it, right!?

Exhaustion  
See above.  But also YES, pregnancy with a toddler is exhausting.  I fight napping while EB is down because it puts me in a funk for the remainder of the afternoon but it's hard.  I've been laying on the couch listening to podcasts instead.  

Food Aversions  
Not terrible, but my natural gusto for food is gone.  This is just the way my body handles pregnancy and I know the passion will return once she's born.  

Weight Gain  
I'm going to go with somewhere around 12 lbs.  It's probably less but I know I was heavier to start with this go around.  I'm still trying to keep the "end weight" around the same so I'm keeping things in check.  I have to say that I've had a strong sweet tooth this pregnancy and I have been reeeeally giving into it.  We'll see how my glucose test goes next week...

Hair Growth
I have to mention that this pregnancy my hair seems to be growing at a normal pace!  You may recall that with EB my hair was at a stand still...

Movement  
Lots of kicks, getting stronger every day.   This is my favorite part of pregnancy!

Nursery: 
We are keeping the nursery where it is.  It shares a wall with our bedroom which is convenient for night time feedings.  EB will move down the hall to the guest room.  She is still currently happy in her crib SO we will be borrowing my parents' crib for her new room.  There's no sense in buying one for such a short period of time.  I also do not want to try and push a "big girl bed" if she's content in a crib.  There is enough change a comin'.  Once she does make the switch we will put two twin beds in her room. 
I will keep the same furniture in the current nursery, but switch out the rug and artwork to give the new baby some special attention.  That's the plan!  I think we will get to work on it in April.

Anticipation:
I've got a sprinkle coming up early April...which will be fun!  I've got a short list of home projects (separate from the nursery) that I'd like to get started with soon.  Otherwise just savoring our time as a family of three. <3

Other:
I don't know if this is new or not (new to me at any rate) but H&M has an in-store Maternity section.  Other than Target, Charleston is totally deprived of Maternity clothes so I thought this was worth sharing.
--
Have a great week!
xLaura


P.S. EB's 25 Week Update Here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me love, Show me Life