Thursday, June 23, 2016

Pregnancy Journal: 25 Weeks

I am keeping up with my pattern and trying to post an update every 5 weeks over here.  So today, I bring you my 25 week Pregnancy Journal!
Since my last report, things have been going nice and easy.
My next appointment is my glucose test, so I'm hoping that goes well.
But otherwise, no breaking news to share...

Symptoms:

Sleep My sleep has been really good over the last month.  Probably (knock on wood) the best it's been since I've been pregnant.  I am up to use the restroom 3+ times a night but I'm still half asleep and easily fall back into bed. 

Exhaustion  My energy level is also at an all time pregnancy high, so I am riding that wave as long as possible.  I am so grateful for this given all that's been going on.  This past weekend was slammin' with Fathers Day celebrations x2 and my cousins Bridal Shower. 3 months ago I wouldn't have been able to fathom these social commitments, it's great to be back out in the world!

Food Aversions  My appetite and excitement for food has not fully returned BUT I am SO happy to say that I am back in the kitchen, cooking dinner atleast 4 times a week.  

Weight Gain  I have put on a total of 9 pounds.  Like I mentioned before, I was almost 15 lbs overweight to begin with so I'm hoping to gain another 10 max.  But, whatever happens, happens and I'm just doing my best not to eat extra junk*  

*typed as I'm eating a Reese's peanut butter cup

Pregnancy Brain  Okay so let's talk about Baby Brain!  Since I found out I was pregnant I have:
-forgotten to pay the electricity bill and our power was turned off for several hours
-driven past my parking lot for work, twice
-completely forgot and missed an appointment with my 401k manager
The struggle!  Seriously though, I am very organized and usually do a great job keeping up with household/personal/work juggling so these things have made me feel crazy.

Movement  Lots of kicks...mostly at night.  They feel like butterflies in my stomach.  She is longer than a ruler now and starting to put on weight, so it's only getting tighter for her in there.  I read that my uterus is the size of a soccer ball at this point.  Whoa!  

Nursery:
So far I have a dresser that will double as a changing table, a hand me down glider, and her crib.  We bought a couple of prints for wall art but they haven't been delivered yet.  Once I know the general vibe I will share more!

Anticipation:
Now that we have decided, it's fun to refer to her by name and not simply "the baby".  We have completed our registry, which feels good to check off the list, and we've started talking shower dates! 
It's all coming together so nicely.
:)
--

Have a great weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me love, Show me Life