Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Humpity Hump

First things first, it feels amazing outside this morning.  I may be a teensy bit sensitive to temperature changes considering I'm 8.5 months pregnant, but I swear I feel the weather breaking!  Cue the angels singing.  

I've been slowly getting back in my groove after my Nana's passing last week.  You know how the days all seem to blur together when you're dealing with something like that?  I've definitely been in a funk.

We have our beach house staycation this week so today is officially my Friday at work. Hey now!  I've got my menu planned and 3 new books from the library packed and ready to go.  I am so excited to get a break from the new house and relax with K.

Here are a few things on my mind this week!
--
My my, how our 'date nights' have changed.
So, instead of cocktails at Belmont followed by dinner at Basil (my former favorite date night combo), you can find me at the Waffle House.  That pecan waffle, though!  Miiiiight be my hormones talking, but I think it's to die for.  My husband was a good sport about it, probably because our check was under $13!  
--
It's so fun whenever I get a notification that I've made an Etsy sale.
I've got a large order of Barbie Head Stoppers on their way down to Florida this morning.  You can purchase your own from my shop here.
--
Do y'all watch Flip or Flop, Fixer Upper, any of those HGTV shows?
I have realized that watching these shows has caused me to think I can do just about anything "home repair" in an hour or, at the very most, a day.  
I have again and again been overwhelmed by the sheer amount of time every little thing takes and I think it's because I'm conditioned by the 1 hour television format.  What I'm trying to get at is that something as simple as setting up the built-ins in our den has taken so long when truly, in the scope of our To Do list, it's just an afterthought.  When I show you the "before photos" I think our hard work will show, but looking at this now I can't say it blows me away, you would never know how much time went into it.  It's been a challenge making our things "work" in this house where they fit perfect at the condo.  Also, we are planning to return this rug pictured below because it just doesn't do anything for the space at all.  I would love anyone's recommendations.  This is the room with our denim sofa, first pictured here.
--
My favorite Sunday Dinner...my bbq shrimp and grits!  I have tweaked my recipe a bit since I posted it over 2 years ago so I thought I would share real quick.
On a plate, layer as follows:
Cooked grits (I cook with half milk/half water)
Shredded Cheddar cheese
Sauteed Shrimp (salt and peppered, cooked in butter)
Swirl of your favorite bbq sauce
Sprinkle of chopped bacon (optional)
Chopped chives (not optional, these set the whole thing off!!)
--
I hope y'all are having a great week!
Next week I'll share beach photos and my 35 week pregnancy journal.
xLaura

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me love, Show me Life