Friday, June 17, 2016

Home Updates

I sound like a broken record, but the past 6 weeks have just gone by too fast.

It's scary because with roughly 15 weeks until our daughter arrives, I need time to chill for a second.  Slow down, ya hear!

When we closed on the new house, we decided that our best option would be to spend our weekends there working on projects and to move in slowly over the course of a few weeks.  That changed when we found what felt like a "meant to be" tenant that wanted to move in ASAP.  So, we switched our focus to hastily moving AND preparing our condo for rental at the same time.  I wouldn't recommend rushing this and I will never stack it so close together again...live and learn.  But now that the tenants have moved in, we have been able to re-focus on our house.

I have 2 lists.
Well, I actually have about 8 running lists right now, but my "House" List is divided in two:  Before Baby and After Baby.  Today I want to share my Before Baby list...

Our line in the sand for these projects is September.  It's extremely important to me to feel settled and "nested" by the time the Autumn wind blows it's glorious pumpkin spice/baby wipes breeze my way.

Ok, an update!

So far in our new house we have painted every single surface.   We chose Sherwin Williams' Stone Isle and we're very happy with it.  We also used it to repaint the condo before the tenants moved in. 

We have been unpacking and settling in but it's still feeling a bit like a construction zone.  This couch is the first step to my family room vision coming to life.
I am so in love with it!  It's the Cindy Crawford Beachside Sofa in Denim.   
Another favorite piece, our china cabinet.  I picked this up for an amazing deal at an estate sale.  It was the exact measurements we were looking for and is such a solid, classic piece.  
Yard work!
I've mentioned before that our backyard is part of what sold us on the house.
K cut the grass on Sunday....probably the hottest day of the year so far...but it looks SO GOOD!  We got solar spotlights for our palm trees and they really set it off.

I'll show a little more of the progress once I start revealing rooms in the (hopefully near) future.

Here is what my list looks like, with some commentary.
TO DO LIST (BEFORE BABY)
Fix Overflow drain in main bath
 Considering our new home has 3 full bathrooms, I wouldn't say this is that high on the priority list, buuut as it's the only bathroom with a tub, it's up there.
Electrician Needs:
-Outlets to office
 K's office is currently set up in our guest room, which is working great for now.  But when the baby comes we will need it set up for my mom, who is staying with us for the first couple of weeks.  The side room with the brick floor will be his permanent office.
-Replace light fixtures in master bath and walk in closet
-Add hanging globes to kitchen island
These caught our eye (our eyes?) over the weekend.  The island in our home is wired for 3 lights and in order to keep it simple electrically, we've been on the hunt for pendants less than 5 inches in diameter that we think will fit nicely.  I think they will go well with the wall color and the granite we have picked out. 

-Fix hanging cords in laundry room
Pressure wash patio
We are purchasing our patio furniture this weekend!  
The table is a tile top that can be changed out with any tile you like.  This is what we are looking at using:
Laundry Room floor
 We have had a major struggle with pulling up the old linoleum in our laundry room.  Or I should say it's the paper backing of the linoleum that we can't seem to get up.  We are planning to tile the floor but may need professional assistance if we can't get the old stuff up ourselves.
Replace mirrors in all 3 bathrooms
Set up wine fridge/bar area
We received a wine fridge as a wedding gift and are very excited to finally set it up.  We are looking to create a bar within our built in shelves in the family room.
Granite in the kitchen
The granite is not a necessity Before Baby but I am crossing my fingers that it works out like that.   As homeowner's and parents-to-be we need to be prepared for unexpected expenses, so we'll see.
--
Of course, most of these things are not Do or Die items, but it's what we'd like to have done to feel content.  Things will only be getting crazier once our girl gets here, so we are working hard now.
That's all the update I've got for ya.

I would love any granite/electrician/flooring suggestions in the Charleston area.
Have a great weekend!
You know what I'll be doing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me love, Show me Life