Friday, August 12, 2016

Friday Highfive: Maternity/Postpartum Fashion

First off, I wanted to mention that I haven't really had to purchase many maternity clothes.  My career wardrobe consists of patterned, stretchy dresses that have (thus far) really grown with me.  My workplace is very casual, which has also helped me maintain my current closet.  Also, I simply (gratefully) haven't gained much weight.  
So, with that said, when A Pea in the Pod featured a flash sale this week with an additional 60% off all of their sale items, I decided to splurge.
I have been to all of the maternity shops in Charleston and Pea in the Pod is for sure my favorite, minus some of the pricetags.  There were some awesome deals online this week so I thought I would share what I purchased!  With less than 2 months left to go in my pregnancy, some of these items were purchased with the postpartum/holiday season in mind.  
Here we go...

1. 
I think Fall is probably the most fun time to dress a baby bump (or to dress in general) and I think this look is perfectly transitional for September.  I'm planning on wearing it with some black leather booties.  I've been wearing more clingy dresses so I think this will be a fun way to mix it up.
(Sidenote: I wore an Isabella Oliver dress to my first baby shower and I find the brand very high quality and flattering)
--
2.
Hands free pumping for the win!  
I got this at a great price and I love the cherry print.  
--
3.
I purchased this as a "transition piece" for my wardrobe this Fall. I tried it on in the store and decided to pull the trigger with the additional mark down.
--
4. 
We have a busy winter wedding season this year and so I snagged this dress the moment I saw it was included in the sale.  I am a HUGE Rachel Pally fan...her dresses are touted as "before, during, and after" pregnancy wear.  From the photo the dress looks like nothing special but if you've ever tried on a Rachel Pally dress you know it's ALL about the fit.  Her clothes feel like butter and make you look beautiful. Could not pass this up.

--
5. 
I purchased a small in this one because, on top of being maternity, it looks oversized.
I hope it is as soft and cozy as it seems!  I picture myself wearing it on our first Thanksgiving in our new home.  I am hosting this year (with a lot of family help) and planning to keep it super low key and simple.  
--
I hope y'all have a great weekend!

Oh!  and for Charleston locals, I'm not 100% sure if this is still going on, but From Here to Maternity in Mt. Pleasant is going out of business and had a close out sale happening on their maternity section.  I didn't find anything personally, but worth a shot for any other preggos.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me love, Show me Life