Monday, September 14, 2015

Weekend Update

Here's a quick look at our weekend.
With my new job, Fridays are half-days (!!!!), so after work I ran down to Crosby's to get a couple pounds of Local shrimp.  I bought 2 pounds, we had shrimp kebabs for dinner and I froze a pound for later.  We usually go out to eat on Fridays so it was a nice change to enjoy sipping wine on the porch and grilling out.
 
--
Saturday I ran a few errands and shopped around for a bday gift for my Little T.
I met her and a group of her friends at Taco Boy for dinner and then a nightcap at Stars Rooftop.  Here we are outside the parking garage... I'm wearing this dress that I bought for our vacation, but couldn't wait to wear!  
 
--
On Sunday morning we took our pooch to the James Island County Park and walked our usual path around the marsh.
We always hope that this swing is available for us to stop and take a rest...and it was!
After dropping a dirty Alfie at home, K and I went out and bought our new camera.  I've been relying on my phone for photos lately and really want to get back in the habit of snapping more pics.  We decided on a point and shoot, the Canon Powershot SX610 HS.
 

After leaving Best Buy we went to lunch at the Charleston Crab House.
We sat outside and enjoyed the breeze off the Wappoo.  The weather was so crisp and gorgeous, hints of Fall in the air! 
I often forget about the Crab House but we really enjoy it!  We like to sit on the porch that's through the bar area.  There never seems to be a crowd out there and there is always a table in the shade. 
I love the bbq shrimp and grits from their appetizer menu.  It's a perfect portion and costs $10, which is a steal when you look at the cost of their dinner menu shrimp and grits.  Plus, I actually prefer the bbq version to the more traditional tasso gravy.  I love this dish so much you may remember my attempt at recreating it here.
--
We finished up our Sunday with watching the recorded Redskins game and a late dinner of sloppy joes.
Sloppies and Skinnies...that's a Sunday Funday at the Nielson house!
--
How was your weekend? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me love, Show me Life