Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Our Charleston Wedding: Wedding Week

Before I begin my Wedding Day recaps (coming soon!), I wanted to post a breakdown of what the week leading up to the Big Day looked like!

I worked Monday and Tuesday of that week (11.17 and 11.18).  These were probably the most testing days of my current job thus far... Isn't it funny how the universe works like that?
Tuesday night I was utterly and completely drained.  It was K and I's last night together until the wedding night and we took it easy.
Wednesday (11.19) I ran last minute errands such as: dropping off rehearsal dinner decor at Fish, confirming hotel reservations for photographer, picking up our marriage licence, and packing for the honeymoon.
I also took care of logistics such as Valet pick up of our getaway car, early check-in for K at Mills House. I bought a toss garter, had my ring cleaned...Lots of little things.

My family rented the beach house for the week before the wedding, so I packed up everything I'd need for the rest of the week and made my way out to Folly to soak in my last few days as a LeaMond.
I loved spending a few days apart before the wedding and would recommend it!
I did not see K after Tuesday night until the Rehearsal.

Thursday (11.20) was "DIY" day!
3 of my bridesmaids and 3 of my aunts came down to help my mom and I with the flowers. We made the bouquets, boutonnieres, and table arrangements (a mixture of short and tall) while snacking on appetizers and lots-o-wine.  
We also spray painted the easels, worked on reception signage, and organized everything for my Day of Coordinator.

We had a good 'ole time, complete with a late night Berts run for corndogs. 
When I went to shower I discovered someone had rigged a sprig of eucalyptus to the showerhead, which I found hilarious...and delightful!
Friday (11.21) morning my mom, aunt, and I went to get manicures and pedicures before grabbing lunch and heading back out to the beach to chill before the rehearsal.
My girls traveling from out of town ubered out there and we enjoyed catching up on the porch with the beautiful view.   
((Stay tuned for the Rehearsal + Dinner post!
Suffice it to say a good time was had by all.))
Saturday (11.22)
I was adamant about waking up at the beach on my Wedding day.  I was up around 7:30 and took a nice solo walk with my coffee in hand.  
My idea of peace is the sight and sound of the ocean,
this was the best way to start my Big Day.
Looking back on these photos, I'm filled with excitement and love!

From there I was whisked away for hair and makeup.
But first!  Bagel Nation.

Then, go time!
More to come :)
pssst! Check out my new Wedding Tab up top for all of my posts!

1 comment:

Show me love, Show me Life