Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Tasty Tuesday: Finger Lickin' Fried Chicken

 I'm not sure why, but I've always been intimidated by the idea of making my own fried chicken.
With exception to seafood, I never really fry anything.
We usually grill chicken which is so yummy, not to mention a heck of a lot healthier.
A couple weeks ago it was nasty outside so we abandoned our initial grilling plans, and I decided to try my hand at home-made fried chicken.
And, as I frequently do, I looked to the Pioneer Woman for a recipe.
I used chicken breasts which I pounded and cut into strips.
I soaked the strips in buttermilk (I just added a squirt of lemon to regular milk) for about 20 minutes.
I combined flour and seasoned salt.
I took the wet chicken, dunked it in the flour.
And then I pan fried them in a couple inches of canola oil.
It was so simple, I was shocked!
I know this picture isn't appetizing, nor does it really show any instructions, but whatever.
I fried them for a couple minutes per side, once they were golden I put them on a towel lined plate.
Better than Kick Chick my friends...
Much better than anything from the freezer.
Anyone else nervous to try making your own fried chicken?
I enjoy realizing how easy it is to make restaurant quality meals.
What can you make at home that's just as good as going out?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me love, Show me Life