Monday, December 23, 2013

Homemade Holiday Turtles!

I wanted to share some little treats I made yesterday.
A few years ago I recieved the most adorable homemade turtle candies from a coworker.
I decided to try and make my own this year!
I was a little worried that they wouldn't turn out, but I am very happy with how they did!
--
Here is what you need:
A turtle candy mold and a new paintbrush
Crisco
Chocolate Chips
Caramels (I used Caramel Ice Cream topping to save time)
and Whole Pecans
Here's what you do:
Melt the chocolate chips with a tablespoon of crisco.
Spoon a bit into each turtle.
Use your paintbrush to spread the chocolate in the mold.
I put them in the freezer for about 10 minutes to harden.
The next step is to put a dab of the caramel and a whole pecan in the center of the turtle.
Cover the tops with the remaining chocolate.
Make sure to cover the whole turtle to seal the candy.
I put them in the fridge for about an hour and then they were ready!

Adorable! And delicious!
I wrapped mine in little gold chinese take out boxes, I'm giving 4 per box.
I think that these are very special and decadent, much better than any storebought candy!
--
Merry Christmas y'all, see you in a few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me love, Show me Life