Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Humpity Hump

It's been a busy, but good, week over here.  I've had book club and investment club this week.  I've always been a very "involved" person, but sometimes I just want to cancel all of my meetings and sit on the couch with my babies.  I typically only schedule one "extra-curricular" per week but as I said, this is a busy one.  Combine this with the fact that we are leaving for Wolf Laurel early Friday for the long weekend, and I've got a lot going on!  I seriously can't wait for this view:

I tried my hand at Chicken Fried Steak for the first time the other night and I really liked it.  I think I used a bit too much Cheyenne in my flour mix, but it was still crispy and delicious.   Of course I used Pioneer Woman's recipe. I did not make the gravy this time but I will on my next try. 
On the menu for tomorrow night's game: Chili and cornbread!
I received an interesting email from the Discovery Channel show "Fast N Loud" wanting to talk to my boss about him winning the Cannonball Run in 1979.  How cool, Have you ever watched this show?
I really like the 2 owners:
I was looking at the calendar this morning and realized it is quickly filling up.
Heads up! Restaurant Week begins next Wednesday and from my review I recommend Blossom's menu.  
The countdown is on for our week at the beach, when I'll have 9 consecutive days off!!!!
Annnd I just received this:
Let's go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me love, Show me Life