Monday, June 3, 2019

Second Baby Buys

Today I thought I would share a few of the things we've gotten for Baby Sis.
--
Double Stroller
We chose the City Select Double Stroller with the adapters for our Britax B Safe carseat.  With this baby being born in June, I imagine we won't be going on a lot of family walks in the heat, but I think once the weather breaks this Fall we'll begin to get a lot of use.  It also has a second rumble seat, for  when the new baby moves from the infant carrier.  I want to say that was around 5 months with EB.  
--
Going Home Outfit
I think EB ended up  going home in a t-shirt the hospital gave us, she was way too small for the outfits we had.  But I still wanted to make the special point of buying a specific outfit for MC.  This sweet little onesie kimono is muslin cotton and I can't wait to see her in it.
 
-- 
Rock N Play
We didn't actually buy this, it's on loan from my sister-in- law.  Last go around we used the detachable bouncer that came with the pack n play for lounging around the house those first couple of months, which we still have.  But it's battery operated and we went through them pretty quickly, so when I found out that the rock n play plugs in, I decided it was a no brainer to borrow.  
--
Husband Pillow!
I think I may be most excited about this.  My mom gave it to me for Mother's Day and I think it is going to be so helpful during newborn nights.  I remember getting SO frustrated with not having good back support during night time feedings in bed.  This bad boy will solve the problem, for sure.
--
Breast Pump and Formula/Diaper stash
I polled my friends and family and ultimately decided to upgrade to the Spectra breast pump through insurance, for a small additional fee.  With EB I used the Ameda Purely Yours and I'm so curious what impact the pump had on my supply (or lack of in my case.  I was able to provide the ounces she needed, but never had a stash).  So anyway, I've heard good things and fingers crossed I'm just overflowing this time around ;)
 I've also purchased (with coupons) a few packages of supplemental formula to have on hand.  And diapers!  It's nice to not have to buy those for a bit in the beginning. I know it's a bad pic, but I also picked up some gripe water, which we briefly used with EB.  I'm not sure if it was in our heads or not, but we felt like it could help give us a little peace during the witching hour.  
There you have it, our second baby purchases!
Would love to hear your must haves...
Have a great week!
xLaura

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me love, Show me Life