Friday, May 24, 2019

Friday Highfive

Happy Friday!  It's Memorial Day Weekend and it's about to be 100 degrees up in here...yikes.  
Here is a highfive for making it through the week!
--
{1}
 My mom got this Butterfly Garden for EB and it was so fun to watch them grow.   Look at how excited this sweet girl is to feed them some watermelon.  The whole process was about 2 weeks and it was a great activity for a toddler age child.
--
{2}
In an attempt to use ground beef in something different, I tried ramen noodles and frozen vegetables to make an Asian inspired dinner last week.  I seasoned with garlic, ginger, and soy sauce and then ended up adding half a packet of oriental seasoning to the dish because it was just...blah.  Anyone have any suggestions?
--
{3}

I made my first purchase from The Beaufort Bonnet Company last week during their Pink sale.  We are doing a family photo shoot in July so I bought the girls and I some coordinating looks.  I am way too frugal to spend full price on children's clothes (not to mention the gifts/hand me downs we receive) but it was fun to get a sweet package in the mail.  Their attention to detail certainly helps rationalize the expense.
--
{4}
I bought EB's two teachers beach towels with sun lotion as a little End-of-Year gift.  If I'd had more time/energy, I would have had the towels personalized and looked at TJ Maxx for some more "luxury" sun product...but I still think it's a nice summer time gift.
 It was recently Teacher Appreciation Week and I gave them eye masks and chocolate, which was an inexpensive little something.  But Serious question:  How much do you spend on teacher gifts?  I think there is a huge range here but I see some ridiculous gift suggestions in the ballpark of $50 and up.  For Christmas and End of Year I stick to a $10-$20 budget.  Next year I may volunteer to coordinate gifts for EB's classroom to be able to get something nice, but I still think a $20 max pp is about right.
--
{5}
Pigtails!  EB's teachers did her hair in the cutest little ponytails this week.   I just can't believe today is her last day :(

--
See ya next week!
xLaura

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me love, Show me Life