Friday, April 5, 2019

Friday Afternoon at The Pig, Pt 2

I posted this a little over a year ago after exhausting my search options for the painting "Friday Afternoon at The Pig".  I have continued to ask around art galleries/antique shops and wouldn't you know it...it paid off!
I want to thank Kathy at McGregor's Gallery for recognizing the formerly illegible signature of the talented local artist, Bernadette Cali.  I quickly emailed her and she sent me a print ASAP!
I visited her booth at 'Art in the Barn' a few weekends back and fell in love with so many of her paintings.  
Now, the fun part...matting and framing!
It's hard to see the scale in this photo, but the print is for an 18x24 frame, so pretty big.  I really wanted something to pull out the vivid blues and green.
Kathy helped me choose this brilliant blue mat, which really brightens it up.
As for the frame, I initially wanted to go with a white-washed wood, which is pictured here.  But honestly, it's not doing anything for me. 
 After hanging it in our Den I'm still not feeling it.  It's giving me an 80's Beach House vibe, and not in a good way.  So I think it's back to the drawing board...or frame shop if you will.   
Update:  Found this gold frame (now on MAJOR SALE) and I like the look!


Hope y'all have a great weekend,
xLaura

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me love, Show me Life