Friday, February 1, 2019

Friday Highfive

Hello February and Happy Friday,
Here is a high five for making it through the week!
--
{1}
Fieldtrip Fun...
We have had a few fun "field trips" this week.  We checked out Citadel Mall's new "Outslide In" on Monday.  We went around 10:30 and it was not crowded at all.  EB had a blast and I loved it as well.  We will definitely be back...on a weekday morning.  I've walked by when it's busy and it honestly looks chaotic.  
Yesterday we checked out the Children's Museum Pop-Up location, also at Citadel Mall.  It was better than we expected but I really had ZERO expectations so take that as you will. 
 Also worth mentioning, The St. Andrews Library (the closest to us) offers a kids craft on Tuesday afternoons at 4.  Not only is it great because it's free, it's in that "crunch time" in the life of a stay at home mom.  
 --
{2}
I pack school lunches 3X a week and I've started snapping pics.  I enjoy seeing what other moms pack so here you have it:
Crackers with turkey and cheese, raisins, a mandarin orange, and applesauce (errrday)
Chicken and waffles (Leftover chic fil a strip and frozen waf) with blueberries, banana, and...applesauce.

 --
{3}
I spent a glorious child-free hour in the new Ulta a couples weeks ago.  I had a giftcard from Christmas and purchased Tarte's "Timeless Primer" and NYX purple mascara.  I sampled so many primers that felt oily and slick on my face, I really needed something thick and matte to help with some acne scarring on my forehead.  I've really liked the way this one works!
As for the mascara, I read somewhere that blue mascara helps make you look more awake so I've been using that for years, but I thought I'd give purple a try.  
--
{4}
I've listened to the first two episodes of The Dropout podcast and I find it fascinating.  It's about the healthcare start-up 'Theranos' and it's founder, Elizabeth Holmes.  The rumors of Elizabeth changing her voice to sound more authoritative...it's just so interesting to me. 
New episodes are released on Thursdays.

 --
{5}
Pregnancy Post coming next week!
The belly has officially popped: 

--
Have a great weekend!
xLaura

1 comment:

  1. I would recommend these Chicago venues to anyone who is looking for a great spot or place to go and attend an event while eating and trying lesser known things. Prices are very reasonable and the staff is great!

    ReplyDelete

Show me love, Show me Life