Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Humpity Hump!

Well hello, long time no blog!

I hope that everyone had a fantastic Easter Weekend.
Ours was such a blur.  I mean, Is it Friday yet?
I have been working weekends lately and I can honestly say that this is the FIRST weekend of 2015 where I have absolutely no where to be...No obligations or commitments and I am so excited I can barely stand it.
Lately I've been living by a stopwatch.  How many minutes until I have to start getting for work? How many hours until I have to wake up?  Blah.
So anyway, here are a few things on my radar lately...
The latest issue of Garden and Gun features a story on 'Perfect Southern Things'. The article is in list form and contains different contributors' and readers' input...things like sweet tea, joggling boards, and the examples shown on the cover above.
I was thinking that if I were to submit anything, it would be these two:
Collecting Pecans:  One of my distinct childhood memories is gathering pecans off the ground in my Uncle's yard in Riverland Terrace.  We would collect grocery bags full of them!
Sidenote: I wonder if pecan trees add property value?
My other "fave southern thing" would be catching fiddler crabs with my dad.
Fiddler crabs are used as bait in sheepshead fishing and we would wander through the marsh filling buckets with crabs.
It was a game to see who could find the biggest.
This is one of my favorite childhood memories growing up on the coast.
What would be on your list?
--
I don't know why, but I really enjoy finding mistakes in books. 
I guess it makes me feel smart?  I doubt I would enjoy the job of book editor, it would get mind numbing after a while.  Recently I found two pretty obvious mistakes in Save the Date by Mary Kay Andrews:
photoraphs
whie wine
--
Here's what on the menu at the Nielson house this week.
Note: The sweet and sour meatballs are a recipe I saw on Pioneer Woman this past Saturday.  One of my favorite lazy Saturday activities is to have coffee in bed while watching Food Network.
Also, I spelled sandwiches wrong. 
--
Oh hey, check out my Easter nails!
That's a wrap!

So what's up with you?

1 comment:

  1. I like finding errors in books too. I should've been a book editor!

    ReplyDelete

Show me love, Show me Life