Monday, June 9, 2014

Sunday Funday: Registries, Wine, and Tacos!

Hello Monday morning! I am not so happy to see you, quite frankly.
Blah.
Anyway, how was everyone's weekend?
Let's see...we took it nice and easy and not a single photo proves it.
Yesterday was busy because we spent the day creating our wedding registries!
We are registered at Belk and Target, and we are planning to add William Sonoma as well.
It was a long day of browsing and scanning and when we were finished with stopped by Gene's for a beer.
We met at Gene's Haufbrau and it's still our favorite bar.  It was packed with a Sunday Funday crowd which put us in the mood!  Once home, we continued the party with a bottle of HandCraft Pinot Noir.  This is the second time we've bought this wine because it's been on sale for a good price and it's very smooth.
For Dinner I made Chorizo, Egg, and Cheese tacos.  This is another one of my attempts to make something I order at a restaurant at home.  This inspiration comes from Zia, home of the best tacos in Charleston, if you were wondering.  I really don't think this dinner requires any instructions, but if you want them:
Brown your sausage and drain the grease.  (I used turkey breakfast sausage to cut some fat but no doubt they would have tasted better with the real thing)
Scramble your eggs and chop 'em up!
Assemble in a tortilla: sausage then egg, and top with cheese.
Enjoy!
They were very good, but not Zia-good. 
I will still be making them again, that's for certain!
xoxo
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me love, Show me Life