Friday, July 12, 2013

Hey Friday!

We had our favorite meal last night! I know I've mentioned it before, but if you've never had Cedar Plank Salmon you absolutely MUST make it. I do not exaggerate when I tell you that it's the best thing I've ever tasted.
(Disclaimer: I really love salmon to begin with.)
Last night over dinner, K and I were discussing humor and it's different forms. See, I made a comment yesterday in a business meeting and was completely delighted when a woman actually laughed out loud. I find myself laughing alone more often than not, I have a "unique" opinion on what's funny... I've come to the conclusion over the years that my humor is centered around both wit and irony.
  Mentioning this, K remarked "But you don't like sarcasm, and that's basically the same as irony". I started to really think about this.  Because they are very similar, synonyms even! But are they really?
As stated, I'm not a fan of sarcasm. Sarcasm is, by definition, a remark intended to hurt someone, to make a jab. It's a blanketed insult. I know that sarcastic people tend to think they're just being witty or sharp, but I find it jarring and hurtful. I'm not saying this to criticize, just to call attention to the fact that sarcasm can hurt people, when I think the general impression is that it's harmless. Just sayin' :)
Irony, on the other hand, is defined by the use of words to express something different from and often opposite to their literal meaning.  I do think that irony is a way of making a frustrating situation seem a little less so, an "It could be worse" sort of mindset.  This is something I think is not only helpful, but necessary, when it comes to dealing with the world around me!
What do you think about the differences between the two??
End Rant.
--
I know it's a bit far off, but wouldn't this dress (from F21) be fab on a mild September evening?
It's not very summery but I want it!

Sidenote: I would LOVE to grow my hair out as long as this!
--
I attended a strategic planning meeting at Our Lady of Mercy Outreach this week,
We are always looking for volunteers!
--
Alright y'all, forecast calls for a weekend filled with this:

  
Have a great one!
--
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me love, Show me Life