Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Just Checking In

Well, do you want the good news or the bad news first?

Let's go with good:
I created this week's menu Sunday morning and I must say, it's a good one:

We had such a fun time visiting with Mattie and Joe this weekend.  During her visit, Mattie landed an interview with a historical publishing press and recieved word that she got the job (um, duh!). 
So when she consulted me with moving advice of course I told her:
Ok, and now for the bad news. 
In addition to the horrible situation in Boston, I received word last night that a sweet friend had died this past Sunday evening.  This girl, who I have socialized with (very much acquaintance level friends) for over 7 years, is suddenly no longer alive. 
But, NO, I just saw her last week at The Rarebit! 
This has really rocked me to my core.  I keep morbidly reading her facebook wall and repeating "oh my god, is this real" over and over to myself.  She was a beautiful, fun loving, and friendly girl who I thoroughly enjoyed running into over the years.
Honestly, I've been sick (just SICK!) to my stomach and a total nervous wreck since I heard.
This life is precious,
 and that's all I have to say today.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me love, Show me Life