Monday, July 3, 2023

Family Vacation to Tybee Island

We had a great time on our beach vacation down on Tybee Island, GA!  I'm going to share a bit about our trip and recommendations...

WHERE TO STAY:

First things first, we loved our VRBO.
Great location, great size...The architecture and design made us feel like we were at a spa resort.  It was fabulous.  We booked it for the private pool and let me tell you, it was a gamechanger.  Especially when I think back to our trip to Anna Maria Island two years ago.  We spent hours each afternoon out there with the kids, and then enjoyed evenings with a cold drink.
--
WHAT TO DO:
As I mentioned, the house we rented really made the trip for us, so we spent a lot of time enjoying ourselves there.  But here are a few other things we did that I would recommend for families.

Of course, The Beach!  We walked with the wagon and the kids loved it.  I hadn't taken them to the beach yet this year because I wanted it to be exciting and fresh on our trip.




--

Arcade
I wish I knew the name of this place, but it's on the corner of the main little "Tybee Strip".  We just stumbled upon it while on a family walk, and the girls loved it, especially the candy claw game.
--
Tybee Lighthouse.  Daddy and MB made it to the top! 
A must visit in my opinion.



--
Souvenier Shopping!  Lots of beach shops and the girls enjoyed getting to spend their vacation money.

--
WHERE TO EAT:
We cooked several meals at the beach house, but we did venture out as well.

The Sugar Shack
Surprise surprise, this was the girl's favorite.
--
Wet Willies
Not a restaurant but Kevin and I enjoyed thinking of the good old days down on East Bay, sipping a Call-A-Cab.
--
IGA Grocery   
As I mentioned, we cooked a good bit.  We grabbed crab cakes from the seafood shop.  They were tasty!
--
Pier 16
  The grilled jerk chicken sandwich was awesome!  Sitting outside is a must.

--
The Deck
This place overlooks the beach, you can walk right up.  And everyone was so friendly.  I think this was K and I's favorite meal out.

--
To-Go Food- We enjoyed RAW Sushi Bar and Lighthouse Pizza.


--

FINAL THOUGHTS
As I've said, the house and pool where we stayed really made our trip.  It's hard to come from Charleston and not compare, but I will say that a lot of Tybee seems pretty run down.  We found some gems by researching, but there was a good bit of dinge.  For that reason, I don't think we would return for an entire week, but I would 100% recommend a weekend away at this lovely home.  The pool is heated so even in the off season, it would be awesome.  We really enjoyed our time together as a family.  The baby did so well (Thank you, slumberpod!) and I know the girls made some great memories.  K and I really did feel relaxed and reconnected, and also exhausted...


So, where to next year?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me love, Show me Life