Thursday, March 25, 2021

My Favorite Charleston Thrift Stores

 Thrift shopping has always been one of my very favorite hobbies.  I think one of the first places I drove after getting my learners permit (after Folly of course) was Goodwill.  I just love the idea of bringing a $10 bill and coming home with unique things.  I also love supporting local causes.  I think I've gotten even better at it since having kids, and I have found some awesome things for them as well.  I decided to make a quick list of my favorite thrift shops because I think these are hidden gems.  Though I should add the disclaimer that not all on my list are in Charleston, but within a short drive. 

{1}

Second Chance Thrift Shop:

I think this is connected to a church in Summerville.  It is a curated thrift shop and you can tell the ladies who volunteer there enjoy doing it.  Nothing I've found was priced over $5 and they have a little children's area in the back where the girls enjoy looking at toys.

{2}

Oddly enough, my second pick is also called "Second Chance", but this one is more focused on home decor than clothing.   It's sales benefit Charleston Animal Society.  I have my eye on a gorgeous light fixture that I'm hoping they eventually lower the price.  Just last week, I picked up these cute brand new Keds for 3 bucks.  Perfect for Spring!

--
{3}
For this one you'll have to drive a bit out to downtown Ravenel.
This is owned and run by a very nice family that use proceeds to give back to community members in need via a raffle each week.  How awesome is that?  They have a "boutique" section in the front of the store and I have found some nice things for pennies. 
--
I have visited the majority of thrift stores in the area and these are my favorite to browse!
That's all folks...
xLaura


No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me love, Show me Life