Tuesday, February 25, 2020

I Heart NY

I'm back to the grind after a beautiful long weekend in NYC. 
Even though I was excited to get home to the girls and K, I always leave a little part of my heart in the city that never sleeps.  
We arrived Thursday around 7 and walked around the corner from our hotel (The Roger) to grab a NY slice (or 4) from Little Italy on 33rd. 
 Friday morning we hit the pavement and all said put in around 15k steps.  First up: The Brooklyn Bridge.
 We ended up having great weather for our trip, which was SO nice considering the amount of walking we planned to do.  Next was Ground Zero.
 Then Chinatown for shopping, bubble tea...
 and dumplings at Lan Zhou Handmade Noodles:
 Then to Times Square to grab Broadway tickets.   You don't want to make eye contact with the Elmos up there, they will swarm you and demand tips.  But I had to get a pic to send to Libby.  And come to realize, this is the only pic of my mom and I together on the trip ;)
We initially wanted to get tix to see Ed Harris in 'To Kill A Mockingbird' but the price was just too high.
Later that night I got snazzed up to meet my girl Anna at The Ace Hotel Lobby Bar. 
We hopped over to TriBeCa for a friend of her's art show.  It was a LATE night which resulted in a rough morning, but I had to take advantage of a night out in the city!
I was struggling Saturday morning but the fresh air did me good and I was back, baby!
We strolled around the Upper East Side...
Relaxed for bit in Central Park...
 And then made it to the Imperial Theatre to see the incredible performance of "Ain't Too Proud".  I don't throw around the term "amazing" but this was truly TRULY spectacular.  I wish everyone could see it.
We had dinner reservations at Patsy's, an old school Italian spot on the Upper West Side, for dinner.  It was our last night out before heading back on Sunday. 
We grabbed one last breakfast at the best, Bread and Butter, and then made our way to JFK.
Something was wrong with the heat in Terminal 2 and it was 90 degrees.  It just about killed us but we survived and made it home without melting, though I can't say the same for the black and white cookie I brought back for K.  
What an exciting whirlwind weekend.  I can't wait to go back!
xLaura

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me love, Show me Life