Friday, February 2, 2018

House Tour: Dining Room

Here is a HUGE highfive for making it to Friday.  This week was rough over here, EB has had a gnarly stomach bug and we have been hunkered down.  
On the plus side, being stuck at home all week allowed me to put the finishing touches on our dining room, take some photos, and now post them here.
--
Ok first of all, these are unfiltered, unprofessional photographs, if you can believe that ;)  But in all seriousness, I feel like I should say that because, in the instagram and blog world, everything is so staged and choreographed nowadays, that looking at "real life" images can feel underwhelming.  Not to go off on a tangent, but I am still most interested in real life posts, both reading and sharing them.
So!  Here is our "real life" dining room.  
And as always, sources and before photos can be found at the end of the post.
--
I like to think that my interior design style is eclectic traditional...and I feel this room embodies that pretty well!  Here is the view from the front door.  The tan rug on the left is our interior door mat, and the sliver of a door you see is our coat closet immediately on your left when you walk in.  
EB's Dubose print hangs front and center in a special bamboo frame.  
It was hard to get the lighting right in these photos.  Perhaps it was the wrong time of day, but anyway, this is walking into the room.  Straight ahead is the kitchen and to the right, through the pass-through, you can catch a glimpse of our island leading into the family room.  One thing to mention, my mom and I found this china cabinet at an estate sale for a steal.  It was such a beautiful piece that we bought it before measuring the intended wall.  Well, as you can see, it literally fits perfectly!!  Furniture fate <3
 --
Ok, I stood on a stool for this pic.  Dear Lord. 
It's just that I  wanted to show y'all the pass-through window and chandelier at a better angle.  
You can see EB's silhouette and my topsy turvy dolls on the shelf.
I love this light fixture.  The shine of the chrome and the burlap shades embody the "classic with a twist" look that I love.
 I had to jump on that (faux) fiddle leaf fig trend!  Truth is I can't keep a dog, a baby, and houseplants happy at the same time, so something had to give.
--
SOURCES
Table: Yard sale, chalk painted off-white
Chairs:  Eclectic Finds
Vase on table: Vietri
Rug: World Market
China Cabinet: Estate Sale
Curtains: Tuesday Morning ($5.00!)
Artwork: CSA Galleries (now closed), Lena Bengston,  Dubose
 Ginger Jar: Estate Sale
Topsy Turvy Dolls: Eclectic Finds
Chandelier: Lowes
Porcelain planter: Estate Sale
Artificial Plant: Michael's
--
BEFORE:

--
Summary:  We painted this room top to bottom, replaced the light fixture and added a dimmer switch, and then it was all about decor.  This room is one of my favorite in the house because it is totally ME.
--
Have a great weekend!
xLaura



No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me love, Show me Life