Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Our Weekend

Some snaps from the weekend.
:)
Friday night we ended up at Mellow Mushroom.  It is one of our favorite baby friendly spots, along with Hometeam BBQ, in West Ashley. The calzones are my favorite and are enough for 2 meals.  I get sundried tomato, fresh basil, and pep.  They also have a good deal with their Craft beer of the month at $3 a pint.
--
Saturday I did the grocery shopping...Majorly underestimated my list and ended up with a cart FULL and a cranky babe.  Terrible combo.  It was the first time I have actually said "yes" to someone helping me out to my car.  
Later, we had my parents over for dinner to celebrate my dad's birthday and we did a little evening fire while the porkloin was grilling. 
Dinner was so good!  I wanted to take a sec to revisit my Parmesan Plum tomatoes recipe with an update.
First, roasting the tomatoes in a muffin tin is genius.  This tip came from my brother.  The tomatoes cook better, they come out juicer.  Second, I have switched to topping with smoked gouda (instead of parm) which is another suggestion from bro, and it.is.so.good.  These are full-proof delicious and end up as a side/app whenever we have company.
--
I was doing cartwheels once I felt the chill Sunday morning.  FINALLY, a winter day!
I wore a hat!  It was glorious.
EB got all cozied up as well... in the jacket that I wore my first winter.
We ended up at the SC Aquarium.  I had initially thought that, considering it would be too cold to spend any real time outside, the aquarium would be the perfect indoor activity.  Now, it had been a while since I visited and I completely forgot how a solid majority of the exhibits are open air.  So, we didn't really get to see everything but EB's mind was BLOWN by the Ocean tank.   
There was a fun Lego exhibit going on, look at my tiny scuba girl.
Okay, so speaking of exhibits, we decided to purchase an annual membership!  It makes so much financial sense...we opted for the Individual plus option: I am the cardholder and can bring a guest at no charge each visit, and of course EB gets in free until she turns two.  The membership will pay for itself with just one more visit of me and a guest, and I can't wait to check out the different exhibits and events listed on the calendar- all free for members!   One that I think sounds so fun:  Aquarium After Dark.
 
Sunday night was leftovers and adjusting to the time change.  EB did pretty good, but there were definitely some hiccups.
--
I hope y'all had a good one!
xLaura

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me love, Show me Life