Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Holiday Happenings

Hello, 2017!  I think the general vibe around the internet is "Good Riddance!" to 2016, but it was a great year for us.  We purchased our first home and had our beautiful baby girl...a very good year.
I realized that I haven't shared snaps of the haps around here since around Thanksgiving, here are some photos from throughout December.  Sad that the holidays are over :(
--
Little lady was in a different Christmas outfit basically every day this December.  A couple favorites:
--
I made my White Chocolate dipped ritz (recipe shared here).  The consensus was that the sprinkles made them a little too sweet, would not use them next time.
--
Alfie's new favorite place to sleep:
--
We had mini date night at the new "Charles Town Fermentory" in Avondale.  We both really enjoyed the Sungazer IPA.
--
Christmas Eve Party at my in laws.
EB had fun at her grandpa's bar and grill:
--
My baby's first Christmas morning!!!!
Sausage Strata and cinnamon rolls, our Christmas breakfast tradition:
Santa brought EB a swing for the tree in the backyard, and a soft learning book.
She also received a bunch of costume jewelry for future dress up play.
These clip on earrings were her great great grandmother's and I know she will just love them one day.
(My aunt brought over a bin of my grandmothers jewelry and we had a fun time going through it on Christmas Day) 
 We hosted Christmas Dinner for 10.  
We had:
Honey glazed spiral ham
Seven layer salad
Green bean casserole
Baked brown rice
Macaroni and Cheese 
Christmas was a beautiful day, albeit slightly warm, and we enjoyed being outside all day.  EB was the center of attention, here with her Granddaddy Bill.
-- 
One of Kev's stocking stuffers were these Funky Flames that change the colors of fire.
We used them in lieu of fireworks on NYE.
 Annnd that's a wrap on 2016!
I am spending this week taking down decorations and detoxing a bit from all of the recent indulgence.
Here's to an even better year to come!
xLaura

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me love, Show me Life