Friday, September 16, 2016

Friday Highfive

I guess you could say I've got a one track mind right now: BABY.
We have been hustling this week making sure everything is in order.
Nesting turbo mode.
So, here's a highfive for getting through the week!
--
{1}
Girlfriend is going to be looking cuuuute at the hospital.
I was hanging up some clothes last night and set these two aside for packing.
The left is her going home dress, a gift from her Grammy (my mom).
And the right is just a newborn footie that I think is the sweetest thing ever.
So excited to see her in these.
--
{2}
Bathtime ready!  
We chose the Fisher Price 4 in 1 Sling to Seat bathtub.  I like that it can grow with her from infant to toddler.  I hope that she loves baths as much as her mom does!
--
{3}
For me, maneuverability was pretty much my biggest concern when it came to choosing a stroller.  And that translated to a 3 wheel model.   It's easy to get bogged down in the semantics of safety ratings when it comes to baby gear, but this one has some of the highest.  I didn't finalize the decision until testing it in person.  I will say that one of the cons is that the car seat/carrier is heavier than most of the others that I tried, but it wasn't enough to overshadow it's good features.  
We ended up purchasing this ourselves from Amazon, using our registration completion coupon along with an additional 5% off and overnight shipping by activating a 30 day free trial of Prime.  All of this, plus the already reduced price on Amazon, saved us around 30% off retail.  For a big ticket item, that's a great savings!
--
{4}
 The one step baby food maker.  I chose this because it steams and purees, just set and forget.  We won't be using this right away but once we do, I plan to purchase this squeeze pouch station.  I had never heard of this until a friend mentioned it on Sunday at my baby shower.  I've noticed the prices on the pouches in the grocery store and I think making my own would be very cost effective.  

--
{5}
I looked at A LOT of products and this one had the best quality with the most features.  It has a Bassinet+Changing Station+Removable Bouncer/Napper.  I was totally sold on the multi-functionality of this, not to mention that the materials actually feel softer and thicker than any other play yard I've looked at.  We've got it all set up, just need to pick up batteries for the bouncer and the music/light soother components.  


--
So now it's Hurry up and wait, right?!
I hope y'all have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me love, Show me Life