Thursday, January 7, 2016

Life Lately

Gosh, it's been nearly 2 weeks since I posted about our Christmas
I'll catch you up since then.
Last week was a short week at work for me and we kicked off the weekend Wednesday night.  We had a fantastic time at the Jump Little Children show and I ran into several people from my college years.  It was great!  I was equally thrilled with hearing Michael Flynn (Slow Runner) open for them and, considering he plays from time to time around town, I'm going to make an effort to catch his future shows.
It was packed!  All of their shows sold out within minutes. 
Music Farm selfie: 
We decided to roll with the "good ole days" theme of the night and hit up Huddle House on our way home.  K was cracking himself up taking pictures of me eating.  So maybe this will give you a chuckle, too?
I'm telling you, I reeeeeally enjoyed my pecan waffle.  I want one right now.
--
For New Years Eve (Thursday) we planned to do something a little different and camp at James Island County Park for the night.  For the past 4 years we have stayed home and we wanted to mix it up but not have to deal with any transportation issues.  We prepared a really delicious meal and stayed cozy by the campfire.

We had cedar plank salmon, yellow rice, and roasted/charred asparagus. So good.
After dinner we did the Festival of Lights and then walked to the gift shop area with our little boo. 
Once back at the campsite we were surprised by a fireworks show put on by the park.  It was really great show, especially considering we weren't expecting it.  After a decent night's sleep we woke up to rain and packed up as quick as we could to head home.  
New Year's Day was so grey and dreary and we spent the day reading and watching football.  In fact, that's how we spent Saturday as well.  It was so nice to do absolutely nothing for a couple days!
I have been re-reading all of my David Sedaris books. 
I am trying to make a point to read more thought provoking material because it really makes me feel good.  I love talking about it with K afterwards.   I get in a habit of picking out chick lit at the library because it's so much easier to find, but essays and editorials are so much more fulfilling.
--
On Sunday we decided to venture out of our cave for brunch at Smoky Oak.
They have a great bloody mary bar and (I think) the best burgers in town. 
--
This week has been all about getting back in the groove.
How is 2016 treating you so far?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me love, Show me Life