Monday, June 22, 2015

Hot Hot Hot

Hey now, it's hot!  How many times have you said/heard that lately, Charleston?
This weekend the heat index was 112.  That's insane.

I usually enjoy reading on the back porch after work, but it has been unbearable.
To cool off, I have been enjoying Vintage lemon sparkling water with sliced strawberries lately.
Sidenote, this book is steamy.
Also pictured, the blazing sun.  
--
My dad said he wanted to play shuffleboard at Gene's for Father's Day, so that's what we did Friday night.  We love Gene's!


We stopped into Gala Desserts on our way out.  It's somewhat new to the Avondale area and my mom and I each ordered a slice of their Chocolate mousse cake to go (bottom left in this pic).
Delish!
--
Saturday we went to Costco to pick up a beef tenderloin for a family cookout, and for the best lunch deal in all America:
--
Later on we decided to stop by James Island's newest, The Screen Door, for a cocktail. 
We also ordered an appetizer of their wings, which were great but an $8 order consisted of only 4 wings.  We opted to head home for dinner because the menu just wasn't that impressive and seemed overpriced. 
--
Yesterday I got sucked into marathon watching UnReal on Lifetime.  
I really enjoyed it!
I've loved Shiri Appleby since Roswell days.
It comes on right after the Bachelorette tonight so I'm looking forward to a new episode.
Rounded out the weekend with a family cookout to celebrate Father's Day with my in-laws.
The End!

I hope y'all had a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me love, Show me Life