Tuesday, October 6, 2020

EBN is FOUR!

 We celebrated our girl's fourth birthday this past Saturday.  It was the first year the weather has cooperated and it was a beautiful Fall day.  We had the party over at Pinckney Park on James Island.  They have a brand new pavilion, along with a fun playground, which was perfect for our group.  We had hotdogs, chips, and CAKE.  Check out my mom's frozen creation:



I just love celebrating this sweet, smart, silly little girl.
There is such a bond I share with both of the girls, but to focus on my first for a moment: Wow, what a special person!  It's like she and I have been knit together for years.  As she's growing and becoming more independent, I can feel the string that attaches us stretching, turning from yarn to thread.  But I'm tied to her forever.  Being a mom is such a trip...sometimes it's like I scratch a bug bite she has and expect to feel the itch myself...she is that much a part of me.   But then I watch her playing in her room, always humming to herself, and I think 'Look at that girl, she is already her own person' 
  FOUR years full of opinions and personality and questions.  Lawd, the questions!
It's hard to always have an answer, but I'm lucky to be the one she asks.
Love you Loo!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me love, Show me Life