Tuesday, July 30, 2019

MCN is ONE MONTH!

This sweet little lady is one month old (yesterday) and I can't believe how fast it's gone.  I felt like the 'fourth trimester' moved in slow motion with EB and this is just flying.  I'm not blinking!
Look at her little crossed ankles!
--
Here's an update:

Physical Recovery
I was induced with MCN, as opposed to going into labor naturally with EB.  It was around 9/9:30 am when I got the pitocin, by 1:00 pm. I started to feel some pressure and 2 pushes later, she was born!  It was all much easier and my recovery has similarly been much quicker than the first time around.  

Exhaustion
Praise God, but I have not felt the sleep deprivation and pure exhaustion that I had with EB.  I'm not sure if it's the fact that MC was born 2 lbs heavier, or if she's simply a more laid back baby, but I have gotten 4 hour stretches since Night One.  EB never went more than 2 hours without a feeding, and it left me delirious and overwhelmed.  I was SO NERVOUS about being over tired and it has not been an issue at all.

Breastfeeding
Nursing is going great!  I am pumping once a day so that I get a break and K can give her a bottle.  She takes bottle and breast equally well.  This is something that hardcore breastfeeding peeps warn you- to not introduce a bottle too soon.  I think that this philosophy can be so detrimental to new moms!  I have given her a bottle from night one and it has been so important to give myself a break.  I was also just talking with K about supplementing with formula over the holidays so that I won't be sitting in a room by myself feeding her on Thanksgiving or Christmas, like I did with EB.  Though breastfeeding is clicking for me this time around, I still find it isolating at times and will not put any of the pressure on myself that I did with EB.  

Emotional State
I did not have the baby blues with MC!  I was weepy for the first couple of days home from the hospital, but nothing extreme.
--
And for a fun comparison, here are both of the girls at the one month "photo shoot".  I'm SHOCKED at how different they are...would not even guess they're sisters at this point.  I'm so interested to see how the resemblance grows over time.
xLaura

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me love, Show me Life