Thursday, October 11, 2018

House Tour: Den

It's about time I share some photos from our Den aka Family Room aka Play Room.  Whatever you want to call it...this is the room we LIVE in...which means it looks LIVED IN!  Let me show you...
--
This room is open to our kitchen, with a large high top island which is primarily where K and I eat dinner after EB is in bed. (On weekends we have family meals in our Dining Room.)  The french doors open up to our patio and backyard.
Here is a view from the French doors.  This couch is where we have our morning coffee, where we congregate when K is home from work, where we hang when we have friends over, etc.  It is well loved and looks it!
And this is the view from sitting on the couch.  These built-ins were hard for me to "style".  I have surrendered them to EB's toys and plan to add some of her framed artwork soon, as well as more family photos, on the top shelf.  These shelves will certainly grow with our family...One plan I have is to add chairs to create a homework area down the road.
Two chairs would fit perfect here to create desk space...right now it's a parking zone for rolling toys.
 These baskets are perfect for a quick clean-up:
--
SOURCES
Bar Stools: Target *Always on the hunt to find "the ones" as these are inexpensive placeholders.
Baskets: Target
Ottoman: Steinmart
--
BEFORE & AFTER

--
This room feels like the heart of our home and I hope shows!
It's comfy and cozy and kind of a mess, but we love it!
xLaura
--
All HOUSE TOUR posts found HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me love, Show me Life