Friday, January 26, 2018

Friday Highfive

Hey, Friiiiday!  Here is highfive for getting through the week!
--
{1&2}
It's rare that we try out too many new restaurants in town because, well, #babylife, and I feel like there is a pretty good risk of a tourist trap.  BUT...
We tried Little Jack's Tavern last week for lunch.  I have read rave reviews on their tavern burger and that is what I had.  It was tasty!  It was small, not quite a slider but close.  We split an order of french fries and overall it was a tasty lunch that didn't leave me feeling uncomfortably stuffed.
To celebrate my in-laws' birthdays recently, we went down for brunch at The Park Cafe.  I loved this spot!  I had their breakfast sandwich and it was eggscellent ;) Everything tasted very fresh and good-for-you.
--
{3}
This sweet baby had her 15 month check up last week.  She is really blossoming into her SILLY personality and says the funniest things!  Currently: salsa. honk honk. all gone. uh-oh.  shoes. sip. again. 
--
{4}
We have had lots of fun playing with our new friends Kat and Charlie these last few months.  It's extremely nice to have met another stay at home mom that shares my mothering philosophies...which is MUCH harder than it sounds.  Also harder than it sounds: getting a photo where both babies are looking at the camera!!!
--
{5}
I am slowly adding color to our home!  When we bought the house, I was pregnant and the goal was neutral neutral neutral so that I didn't have to think about it.  But now I'm having fun finding special pieces to add.  My interior motto:  Everything has to have a story.  That means it's either a gift, a souvenir, a specialty item, or second hand.  I will make special exceptions for "too good to pass up" Homegoods finds, but overall I'm getting to the age where I'm looking for QUALITY over quantity.  I've brought in some green to our living room...I just love the pillows I got for Christmas (from my list shared here).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me love, Show me Life