Monday, December 21, 2015

Our Weekend

Hey hey!  I hope y'all enjoyed the last weekend before Christmas!
As I mentioned, Friday was my man's birthday.
We went out for dinner at the new "Maybank Public House" on James Island.
We have been looking forward to going here because we've enjoyed Coleman Public House before and James Island has limited options.
It was good!  Reasonable prices.  Truffle mac and cheese app was the star of the show for me.
I feel like we look like we are on a first date in  this photo:
 
I really like their menu, good variety and value.
--
On Saturday I was up early to drop cards at the post office, finish up shopping and hopefully avoid the crowds at the mall and downtown. 
Outfit of the day: Can you tell I love plaid?  
Also Hooray for being able to wear a coat this December in Charleston!
 
I couldn't resist stopping by Zales to have my rings cleaned and also do a little window shopping.This ring was really pretty.  The picture doesn't do it justice, but it's a turquoise stone with faceted clear quartz over the top, which gives it a really unique look.  It's set with a border of blue topaz.
I have been wanting a turquoise ring (December birthstone) but it's hard to find options that aren't dream catcher-ish.
Love downtown at Christmas: That night we grilled out at my sister-in-laws.
Alfie was reunited with his girlfriend Penny.
 
  --
Yesterday I did some present wrapping and then went to a drop-in to meet a family friend's little 3 month old, Caroline.  She was the sweetest angel!
From there we hit the grocery store for our weekly haul,
 as well as supplies for Christmas breakfast and a few treats I'm planning to make tonight.
Annnnd that's a wrap on our weekend,
How was yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me love, Show me Life