Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Crispy Oven Roasted Okra

Today I want to share a Super Simple Sidedish Suggestion.
:)
There is nothing to this "recipe".
I used a bag of frozen sliced okra, spread in a single layer on a baking sheet I sprayed with olive oil.
I seasoned with salt and pepper and a sprinkle of garlic powder then baked at 450' until brown at the edges.
I roasted mine for 20 minutes or so, but I wanted them super crispy, almost like chips.  
I'm not a fan of slimy okra.  That's all there is to it.
Anyway, let me know if you try it!  We really enjoyed this as a side with salsa chicken last night.

1 comment:

  1. I've been making my okra exactly like this atleast once a week for the past couple of months. So good, and the crispier, the better!

    ReplyDelete

Show me love, Show me Life