Friday, August 9, 2024

Farewell Summer, from the Lake.

 We have had a really great Summer this year.  In fact, up until this past week I wasn't quite ready for it to end!  Hurricane Debbie kept us cooped up inside for 3 days and I can officially say I'm very excited for school to start.  Before kids, hurricane days (mild threats) meant pizza and a Lord of the Rings marathon.  Nowadays, it's 2 bickering sisters and a 2 year old boy running around us in circles.  Big difference.  Though I am so grateful it was a mild storm and we did not lose power.

Backing up to happier times, we spent last weekend on Lake Hartwell which was this perfect Summer send-off.

Pontoon girlies.


We loved cruising the lake and exploring some islands.  Can't wait until they are old enough for some water sports.
--
--
Took the kids to see the waterfalls at Chau Ram Park, which was an easy activity with our age range.  The "hike" to the waterfall was so short and there were natural swimming pools all around.
And to wrap up a great trip, upon exiting I26 at Columbiana Mall, I realized we could stop at Fazoli's for lunch.  Oh my gosh, the memories, the breadsticks.  It was so good!
I miss it so much I might have just googled Fazolis Franchise info ;)
--
Speaking of food...I've got some good meals on deck for this weekend:
Lowcountry Boil and Rodney Scott BBQ.
We're ready to savor the last few Summer days...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me love, Show me Life