Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Spring in My Step

Hello, March and Happy Spring!
The time change is making me feel invigorated and excited for the warm weather.  I'm starting to pick up a few things for the girls Easter Baskets.  I got this adorable two piece for EB at Once Upon A Child yesterday.  As you can see it's new with tags, but cost me only $5.50.  It can feel like you're rummaging through the bargain bin at times, but I love the thrill of the hunt.  On another note...I am astounded to see some of the swimwear options for little girls.  Triangle tops on a 4T suit?  No.
 This past Friday I had a Moms Night Out with my gf.  We had Mondo's for dinner and then went to the Pourhouse to see a Reggae/Funk band.  Gosh, it was fun!  I felt 25 again.
 Look at these sweethearts.  I took this before heading to our nephew's second birthday party on Saturday.
I am so glad my sis in law captured this moment.  EB was SO excited to show her cuz these 'squishies' she picked out especially for him.  She kept saying "Look, Look!" to him with the biggest smile, she was so proud of her gift choice.  
Looking far too grown up at lunch on Sunday.
And then a little oyster action on Sunday afternoon.  I got K this set for Christmas so that he can roast his own.  There's nothing like enjoying time together at home as a family, and we make it top priority.  Maybe going off on a tangent here, but I've been thinking a lot lately about how much contentment I've found in the mundane aspects of family life.  There is nothing like parenthood to teach you "it's all about the little things" and I appreciate that K and I both value a slow pace and the small moments.  I think it's important to learn to find joy in typical and uneventful things, to savor them as the good times.  Not waiting for the next exciting thing...because then you'll miss the best parts, the in between.   
 
Have a great week!
xLaura

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me love, Show me Life