Thursday, September 12, 2019

Hurricane Dorian

A week ago today we felt the effects of Hurricane Dorian here in Charleston.  While nothing in comparison to the damage in the Abacos, it was a storm worth stressing over.  We stayed here and hunkered down with the kids.  We were without power briefly and lost a shutter on the house.  We had a limb come down and spark over the high voltage power lines in our front yard, which resulted in a late night fire department visit.  But overall, we were safe and it's great to be back to our routine this week.  I pray for those affected whose "normal" is forever changed.
--
Hurricane Snack:  I made these homemade bang bang shrimp on the recommendation of April at Smidge of This.
Couch snuggles:
EB colored this solar system mobile while we were stuck inside:
Friday morning clean up:
K worked tirelessly on the yard. We are so grateful for him!

I don't know if we'll stay in town for the next one.  It's a whole new ballgame with young children.  I hope you and your loved ones were safe.
xLaura

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me love, Show me Life