Thursday, January 31, 2013

Shovels and Rope



In highschool and college I was really into music, which isn't to say that I'm not now, but I used to be more involved in the local music scene.  One of my favorite local bands circa 2004 was The Films.
Oh, remember emo???
 While they have disbanded, I am happy to know that their frontman, Michael Trent, is still making music in a folksy duo with local lady Cary Ann Hearst. I was so excited when I heard that they would be playing on David Letterman, their first network television appearance!! My facebook has been blowing up with friends congratulating the band (sold out at Bowery Ballroom in NYC!), and I'm so happy for them myself. I'm also happy to be attending their upcoming show on March 2nd at the Charleston Music Hall(which will sell out, so hurry!).  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me love, Show me Life