Thursday, January 3, 2013

Misc.

I have several miscellaneous thoughts for the blog today.
First of all, inspiration from my favorite blog ever.  Isn't Naomi's family picture perfect?  I mean, give me those babies right now. RIGHT NOW!!!!
Anyway, when she posted this pic I immediately went to purchase one with K's name (in gold). 
You can get one here.
 --
Next up, have you ever watched the cooking show Hungry Girl
Unfortunately it comes on while I'm at work, but the few times I have caught it I really like her ideas on cutting calories.  Disclaimer: she is not a health food chef, she just cuts calories from traditional recipes with substitutions, etc.   Like this Macaroni and Cheese, using Green Giant and Laughing Cow wedges to cut corners, I love it!

Ingredients:

4 1/2 oz. (about 2 cups) uncooked whole-wheat-blend or high-fiber rotini pasta (like the kind by Ronzoni)
24 oz. (about 6 cups) frozen Green Giant Broccoli & Cheese Sauce
3 wedges
The Laughing Cow Light Original Swiss cheese
Optional: salt and black pepper
Directions:

In a large pot, prepare pasta according to the instructions on the package; drain well and set aside. While pasta is cooking, place contents of the broccoli & sauce package in a large microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave until sauce has melted and broccoli is hot, 10 - 12 minutes.

Once the bowl is cool enough to handle, remove it from the microwave and add cooked pasta. Unwrap cheese wedges and add those as well.

Mix thoroughly, ensuring that the cheese wedges are evenly distributed and the pasta and broccoli are coated in cheese sauce. Season to taste with salt and pepper, if you like, and then enjoy!

MAKES 4 SERVINGS

--
Last Saturday K and I had a long day of running errands all over West Ashley.  We decided to indulge in a little happy hour once we were finished and elected to try out the new Ms. Rose's Fine Food and Cocktails.   We really lucked out because they weren't too busy at the bar and the awesome bartender Ian was trying out some new recipes and insisted we enjoy.  We sampled several of their unique cocktails, some of which aren't even on the menu yet!  A great end to a long day out and about.
--
Last but not least, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY LOVE, MY CHOO, MY BFF4L. 
Can't wait to celebrate with you soon :)


Ok that's all I've got.  Does it feel like Tuesday to anyone else?
Oh oh!  Two new items coming to my Etsy shop within the next week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me love, Show me Life