Monday, January 21, 2013

Favorite Diet Foods

I try to eat a healthy diet.  I cook at least 5 nights a week and really do my best to create well rounded meals.  That being said, I was raised on typical American family food: Meatloaf and Kraft mac n cheese and peas from a silver can.  We did not shop at Whole Foods, and I loved it!   What I'm getting at is that I don't buy all natural or clean or any other "health food" products. But I also try and watch my weight, and so here are some grocery store items that I've found that I enjoy: 
I found this Saturday morning at Wal-mart and was very excited to give it a try with a Corona Light as an afternoon snack. (Sidebar: Corona Light is the best beer for those counting calories.  It is the lowest calorie beer with the highest alcohol content out there, I've done the research.) I'm a queso lover, but I limit it as a "party food" because it's just way too gluttonous, but this really did hit the spot.  I cut the pita into 6 slices, versus 3, and it was an overall enjoyable snack, not nearly as bland or salty as you would expect from a Lean Cuisine product.  Best of all, it feels like a treat!
I also picked up some of these, thanks to Megan's recommendation:

I was very skeptical because typically breakfast sammies that are microwaveable really gross me out (so soggy!), but the flatbread was not soggy at all!  The sausage was spicy, the egg was fluffy, my only wish: a little more cheese.  But that should be my motto: "More Cheese Please".
For dessert:


Now this, this is my golden egg!  Well first, let me express my love for mint chocolate chip ice cream, I LOVE IT!  And this contains 3/4 cup of ice-cream for 140 calories, which is incredibly low, a typical serving is 1/2 cup.
--
These are the kinds of foods that satisfy me, and I'm so happy to have found options that help me keep my diet in check!  Tell me, do you have any diet items that help you stay on track, but also hit the spot??  I want to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me love, Show me Life