Tuesday, September 27, 2011

A Whole New World

The time has finally come that I part ways with my first "real world" job.  There are so many memories and so much useful experience that I am truly grateful for.  Today, I'm looking forward to the challenges ahead more than I have in the past 2 years! 

All of my creative energy can finally be harnessed towards making my life exactly what I want it to be! :)  That's worth cheering over.  I feel empowered and scared and... free. 
My brother moved to San Diego earlier this year and I was talking to him on the phone last weekend.  He's been missing Charleston (duh!) and was saying that, while he is considering coming home for good at Christmas, this move has made him feel so empowered.  It made him face the fact that you really can do anything that you want.  So often we stay in circumstances we wish to run from, simply because we're more comfortable staying than running.  (Not to totally change the subject into running but I am training for my very first race ever!  The Turkey Day 5K!  So what if I look like Phoebe on Friends when I run? So what if I'm only doing it so I can eat more pecan pie!?  No, I'm doing it because I can do anything I want!)

What's on the plate for the first week in my new world?

Wednesday: Business Meeting, Library.
Thursday: Volunteering at the Neighborhood House. Hallelujah! It's been WAY too long.
Friday: Cleaning and Decorating my house for Halloween AND getting Hallowine invites printed and mailed!
Saturday: Fulton Five and Club Habana with K!

Genie: But oh, to be free. Not to have to go "Poof! Whaddaya need," "Poof! Whaddaya need," "Poof! Whaddaya need?". To be my own master. Such a thing would be greater than all the magic and all the treasures in all the world. But what am I talking about? Let's get real here, that's never gonna happen. Genie, wake up and smell the hummus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me love, Show me Life