Sunday, September 11, 2011

A Perfect Farewell Summer Weekend

Friday night my great friend Cyd celebrated her 26th birthday down at her family's beach house on Folly.  This house holds so many memories for all of us and never fails to induce complete relaxation to those who enter.  The house is located on the narrow strip of Folly (down at the washout) where houses can be both Front beach property, and back up to the intercoastal waterway.  So our Friday night resulted in one of two views:   
  

  Definitely one of the best ways to wind down the summer!

Saturday we enjoyed the morning walking all around JICP with Alf.  It was the second college gameday of the season for us, so I tried out a new recipe.  I knew I wanted to keep things simple and was craving something pizza-ish.  I decided to use my bundt pan and make what is essentially Italian herb monkey bread.  Instead of sugar and cinnamon, you use italian seasoning and parmesan, with a side of marinara for dipping.
It turned out great!  I will definitely be adding turkey pep and mozzarella to my recipe on my next go around.
I also made quick and easy southern banana pudding.  Few things are as simple and delicious as banana pudding.
We had peppered pork loin as well and watched the game over at K's parents.





We are taking today to relax and remember this day 10 years ago.  I'm trying to stay away from tv and the images of the events of September 11, they make me cry cry cry.  My heart goes out to all affected.



1 comment:

  1. Laura...it's Tara...and I'm with you...no TV...just a glimpse of a photo and I am done...make up smeared all over my face!

    ReplyDelete

Show me love, Show me Life