Thursday, June 13, 2013

Two Years Old!

It's so exciting to see my archive list growing and growing, like the markings my child's height on the wall.
I've enjoyed sharing my life on this little internet island so much.  While I have not accrued any statistically impressive readership, I've been so excited over a comment here and there, and joining in conversations on other blogs. 
It's a fun little world isn't it?
I want to say Thank You for reading my rambles/rants. It's been so special to know that someone does.
--
This blog has helped me pull myself out of funks, it's cheered me up, and ultimately it's shown me how incredibly lucky I am. 
In the past two years I've spent a lot of time talking about my chunky dog and my hunky boyfriend, and their love for eachother... what more could a girl want?
We are so blessed to be surrounded by family & friendsIt's so important to us.


I accepted a new job last year and I've been busier than a bumble bee.  Hence I enjoy my downtime more than ever!
I've learned a lot about what makes me happy through blogging, and ultimately that's expressing my creative side, and helping others.  My hope is to one day combine the two as a career...
I've also delighted in my silly side, gotta throw that in for good measure.
This blog has served, no doubt, as a reminder to be thankful for the great things in my life!
Lots of memories so far, and many more to come.
xoxo,
Laura

P.S. Here's an interesting tid bit:
This post is, to this day, my most viewed post.  It's funny, because it's nothing special, just bringing up the idea of adding another dog to our family.  But, this is the post that earned me my own page on GOMI.  Have you heard of this site, GetOffMyInternet.com?  It's a site that makes fun of bloggers.  They found me because I made a "stupid" comment on a big time blogger's page and so then they linked to me and created a thread for Hominy Girl in their forums. .  Honestly, I was just so excited to see the page views, like 1,000 in an hour!  Who cares that they are making fun of me, I'll take the stats any day!
;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me love, Show me Life